Many people from South Asian countries like India, Pakistan, Bangladesh have found Dubai as their second home in the past many decades. They not only moved there but also took their spouse and kids with them to the United Arab Emirates and excelled in their particular field of study. When you land on the Dubai soil for the first time, you have mixed feelings about the awesomeness of the city and the future prospects regarding your job and career. Even the tourists, who visit this magical city for the first time, need some time to get accustomed to the local climate and norms. Renting a car is one of the initial tasks for the tourists and you can get more information here for car detailing in Dubai.
Although, anybody can arrange for car rental on the Dubai airport through the representatives of various car rental companies, but there are certain things which one needs to be aware of before hiring a car on rent in Dubai.
- Everyone who seeks to have his hand on the car steering in the United Arab Emirates needs to have an international driver’s license. You can’t even hire a car on rent if you don’t have an international driver’s license.
- If you’re someone who likes to get indulged into the acts of road rage, Dubai is not the place for you. Locals don’t welcome people with abusive gestures and you may find yourself in a legal trouble in such a situation.
- Respecting the local laws must be your top priority as a driver. The local traffic authorities have put in place the latest radars and tracking systems on all the expressways and highways which make it next to an impossible task to break a traffic law. You must stick to your lane and respect the red light on signals or hefty fines will await you.
- There might be some instances where you find yourself in a minor skirmish or a small accident. Always remember to never flee the scene and always stick to your point and express your story with confidence to the local police authorities. Fleeing the scene will make the local authorities believe that you are the culprit.
- Another thing to remember on the Dubai roads is the toll taxes (SALIK). As a driver, you always need to have change in your pocket for paying the toll. The tollbooths generally don’t keep change for 100 AED, so it is your job to carry the change to avoid any untoward situation. You may also purchase SALIK cards which would help you in paying the toll fee in advance.
After getting the initial information about the traffic laws in the United Arab Emirates, you’re all set to hire the Range Rover service in Dubai.